Niel represents the firm’s clients in business matters ranging from corporate entity formation and organization to transactions involving commercial real estate and other business assets. Prior to joining McKenzie Laird, Niel practiced in the Nashville office of Burr & Forman LLP, where he began his career as a litigator in bankruptcy proceedings and commercial dispute resolution. He also counseled clients in deals involving distressed assets, asset based lending, and secured transactions.
- Represented purchaser of an insurance agency
- Represented lenders and borrowers in connection with asset-based loans
- Represented secured parties in creditors’ rights disputes, including bankruptcy proceedings
- Represents companies in the course of business reorganizations, asset purchases and divestitures
- Niel has written or assisted with various articles on bankruptcy, foreclosure, and insurance issues.
- Belmont University College of Law (2014)
- Tennessee (2014)
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Secured Transactions
- Corporate Law
- Tennessee Board Association
- American Board Association