Talbott represents individuals and companies with a focus on commercial real estate and business transactions. Prior to moving to Nashville, Talbott practiced law in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, with a large regional law firm and specialized in commercial real estate and business transactions. He represented developers and businesses in commercial transactions throughout the country. In 2002, this native of Lafayette, Louisiana, moved to Nashville, Tennessee, to pursue several entrepreneurial opportunities. Since his move, he has been involved in the creation of several businesses, including a fast-casual restaurant specializing in chicken and a real estate consulting and brokerage company, which specializes in the preservation of affordable housing communities throughout the country.
Talbott’s real estate experience includes the pursuit of development opportunities with several national multifamily developers related to apartment communities throughout South Louisiana and the development of a 34 acre mixed use project in Broussard, Louisiana called Ville de Cote Gelee. Talbott is also involved as an investor and partner in numerous adaptive reuse commercial projects in Nashville.
Talbott joined McKenzie Laird in March 2013 and become a member of McKenzie Laird Ottinger Leach, PLLC in 2018. He also practices remotely with his father’s firm, Ottinger Hebert, LLC in Lafayette, Louisiana. He is a licensed Title Insurance Producer in Tennessee and Louisiana.
- Represented developers in acquisition of 56,000 SF mixed-use project in initial acquisition, investor capital raise, redevelopment, and negotiation of leases with multiple national tenants and eventual sale to REIT.
- Represented developer in acquisition of 40 condominiums from individual owners and redevelopment and conversion of units into hotel. Project involved multiple 1031 exchange transactions, investor capital raise, and financing for project.
- Representation of developers in multiple urban adaptive reuse projects
- Representation of automobile dealer in multiple transactions involving acquisition of dealerships, real estate, and other legal matters
Charitable & Civic Involvement
- Woodmont Christian Church (Nominating Committee, Finance Committee)
- Richland Country Club (Nominating Committee, Housing Committee)
- Millsaps College, B.B.A., cum laude (1996)
- LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center (1999)
- Louisiana (1999)
- Tennessee (2012)
- Commercial Real Estate
- Commercial Leasing
- Purchase & Sale Transactions
- Corporate & Business
- Entity Formation
- Mergers & Acquisitions